Students and families enrolled in Bergen County Academies can register here for the 2018 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams. The AP Exam registration information and policies are posted below. Please read through this information carefully before placing your order.
Registration Deadline: February 28, 2018
1. All registration for AP exams will be done online through APTS. There is no paper registration.
2. The cost per exam is $97.00. Registration opens January 12, 2018 and runs through February 28, 2018.
3. Students enrolled in AP courses at BCA are required to sit for, pay for and take the exam that accompanies the course.
4. Students not enrolled in an AP course at BCA, are not permitted to take the exam at BCA.
5. Students, who have a conflict with an IB exam at the same time as an AP Exam, must take the IB exam on the regularly scheduled exam date; when this occurs students will be automatically scheduled for the Late Testing AP exam. Review carefully the BCA AP/IB Schedule.
6. Students who have a conflict with the AP Music exam and the AP Biology exam must take the AP Biology Exam on the Late Testing AP date.
7. Per College Board regulations, students MAY NOT take both the AP Calculus AB and the AP Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year.
8. Students enrolled in AP Physics C are required to take two exams and will be charged accordingly.
9. Payment for exams may be done via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the APTS online registration form.
10. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, see your counselor. Approval may take several days so it is critical to apply early.
Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board.
11. Special accommodations for students with 504s or IEPs must be applied for and approved by College Board. Check with your case manager or counselor to review your status. Application for accommodations takes approximately 7 weeks—your request for accommodations must be submitted by your case manager to College Board no later than February 23, 2018. If you do not have approval from College Board, you will not be provided accommodations.
12. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 8:00 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:00 p.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP Exam early.
13. Please read the College Board AP Bulletin for Parents and Students
Questions or need assistance? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org