AP Exam FAQs
Deadline to Register: March 1, 2019 (midnight CST)
Exam Fees: $50 per exam
What day is my test?
Please review the AP Exam Calendar posted HERE.
How can I earn college credit through AP?
If you take the AP exam in May, you can earn college credit by earning a score of a 3, 4, or 5 or the exam. To determine what score you will need at one school, use the College Board’s website: AP Credit Search
When is the deadline to register for a test?
The deadline to register for the 2019 tests will be on March 1, 2019, midnight CST.
What happens if I miss the registration deadline?
No late registration is possible.
How do I submit the exam fees?
Select your school from the link below and complete the online payment form. Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is February 23, 2019.
Select your school of attendance to place your order:
|Bryan Collegiate High School AP Exam Orders|
|Bryan High School AP Exam Orders|
|Rudder High School AP Exam Orders|
Is there fee assistance available?
Fee reductions are possible for qualifying students. If you feel you are eligible, please contact your school site AP Coordinator. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the registration form to the appropriate amount.
- Contact at Bryan Collegiate HS for Fee Reductions: Desiree Caperton
- Contact at Bryan High School for Fee Reductions: Deanna Gibson
- Contact at Rudder High School for Fee Reductions: Mary Desern
What happens if I change my mind about taking an AP test after I register?
5. Students who submitted an AP Exam order and decide to cancel the exam can do so through April 15, 2019 (midnight, CST) for a partial refund. A $15 portion will be retained to cover the cost of the unused exam. To submit a cancellation request, email firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59pm on April 15. Include in the email your name, name of your school, and the title of the exam you wish to cancel. Refunds are processed back to your method of payment.
How do I prepare for an AP exam?
See the AP website for previous test questions, study tips and more: AP Exam Prep
What happens if I do not show up to take my exam on the day of the test?
College Board has strict regulations regarding what qualifies for approval to reschedule an AP exam. If a student has a severe conflict or illness, please contact your school site AP Coordinator immediately to find out if you qualify for rescheduling of an AP Exam. Additional fees may apply.
- Contact at Bryan Collegiate HS: Desiree Caperton
- Contact at Bryan High School: Deanna Gibson
- Contact at Rudder High School: Mary Desern
How do I receive my scores?
During AP pre-administration sessions in April, you will receive an AP number and information on how to create a College Board account. Scores are usually available in July.