Cost: $113 per exam, $150 per AP Capstone course assessment
1. The cost of each test will be $113.00 and runs January 8 through March 8, 2018. A late fee will be added to the exam fee if registering between March 9 and March 14.
Payment can be submitted online with credit or debit card, or mail in (check or money order.) To order, click on AP Exam Registration (directions will be provided for mail in payment.)
No exam orders will be accepted after March 14.
Registration for students who are not currently enrolled in Carlsbad High School will be accepted on a conditional basis based on the availability of seating. Students who are not enrolled in Carlsbad High School need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there are spaces available to test as well as obtain information on cost.
2. Fee reductions are available but must be applied for by March 2 to ensure meeting the registration deadline. Approval may take several days. To apply for a fee reduction, contact Mr. Jake Blackburn, Guidance Counselor, in the Admin Building (email@example.com) call at 760-331-5175. Additional support can be received by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Special Accommodations information can be obtained from your special education case manager or counselor. Applications must be submitted in advance for approval from College Board. Deadline is February 15, 2018. Contact Hyla Cafferty at email@example.com.
4. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel with written notification before April 30, 2018 will receive a partial refund. A non-refundable deposit of $35.00 will be retained for all exams that are ordered and then cancelled. No exchange or re-selling of tests. To cancel your exam send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight PST on April 30th, and include your name, student ID number, school you attend, and name of the exam you want to cancel. No shows are not eligible for refund.
5. Exams administration will take place off campus. Most exams are at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Specific locations and information will be posted on the this website under “Where do I report for a Test?” Parking information will be posted on this site as well.
6. Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:15 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. for afternoon exams. Students will then complete exam identification information, which takes approximately 30 minutes. So please make sure that you are in the room on time since every minute before the exam timing begins also counts! Morning exam administration will begin at 8am and afternoon exams at 12:15pm. Students who report after exam administration begins will not be admitted and will not have a make-up opportunity. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately 4 hours 30 minutes. Please notify your coaches of AP Test dates and times and plan accordingly. Students will not be allowed to leave the test early.
7. Students must bring their school picture ID cards, two #2 pencils, pens, erasers, and calculators (if applicable – see AP Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries to the AP test room. Without picture ID a student WILL NOT be admitted. CELL PHONES, BACKPACKS, PURSES OR BAGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN TESTING CENTERS. We recommend those are left at home or in your vehicle.
8. Students must adhere to the Test Site Regulations for the duration of the exam period. Consequences include removal from exam and cancellation of scores. See Test Site Regulations for specific details.
College Board regulations hold that students may not take both the AP Calculus AB and BC exams in the same calendar year. Students wanting to take both of the AP Physics C exams will be charged for two exams.
For more information such as a schedule of exams offered, and directions, contact email@example.com