Cost: $114 per exam, $150 per AP Capstone course assessment
NEW TWO-STEP PROCESS FOR AP EXAM REGISTRATION
|Step 1||Submit AP Exam Payment via the link above before February 20.|
|Step 2||Students must JOIN an Exam Group on https://myap.collegeboard.org - To access the site, create or use a current College Board Profile. Students will receive JOIN CODES via email after successful exam payment. JOIN the Exam Group on or before February 20.|
Register for exams:
Step 1: The cost of each test will be $114 and registration will be open from January 5 through February 20, 2019. A late fee will be added to the exam fee if registering between February 20 and February 27, 2019.
Payment can be submitted online with credit or debit card, or mail in (check or money order.) To order, click on AP Exam Registration (directions will be provided for mail in payment.)
No exam orders will be accepted after February 27.
Registration for students who are not currently enrolled in Carlsbad High School or in AP courses at Carlsbad High School, will be accepted on a conditional basis based on the availability of seating. Students who are not enrolled in Carlsbad High School need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there are spaces available to test as well as obtain information on cost.
Step 2. JOIN the Exam Group on MyAP: Within 24-hrs of payment submission, the student will receive an email at the student email address with the steps to “Join” the Exam Group on the College Board’s new MyAP Site (Students will login using their College Board Profiles and will complete on this site all the identification information usually done on exam day on physical exam materials. This will allow for custom printing of exam materials.) For more information on MyAP visit the FAQ page.
Students should use their legal name (to match school records), so that the name will also match the student’s School ID or driver’s license at exam check in. College Board also sends scores electronically to colleges/universities. A discrepancy in name can result in score reporting delays. To update a name or correct a name, contact College Board at 1-866-630-9305.
Students should use an email address that they will have access to BEYOND high school and be consistent with which email address they use. Emails will be used as a unique identifier between the payment system and the MyAP system.
BOTH STEP 1 AND 2 MUST BE COMPLETED FOR THE EXAM ORDER TO BE COMPLETE. An exam cannot be ordered if the student has not completed BOTH steps detailed above.
- Fee reductions are available but must be applied for by February 18 to ensure meeting the registration deadline. Approval may take several days. To apply for a fee reduction, contact Mr. Jake Blackburn, Guidance Counselor, in the Admin Building (email@example.com) call at 760-331-5175. Additional support can be received by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Accommodations information can be obtained from your special education case manager or counselor. Applications must be submitted in advance for approval from College Board. Deadline is February 20, 2019. Contact Hyla Cafferty at email@example.com.
- Refunds: Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel with written notification before April 19, 2019 will receive a partial refund. A non-refundable deposit of $45.00 will be retained for all exams that are ordered and then cancelled. No exchange or re-selling of tests. To cancel your exam send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight PST on April 19, and include your name, student ID number, school you attend, and name of the exam you want to cancel. No shows are not eligible for refund.
- Exams administration will take place off campus. Most exams are at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Specific locations and information will be posted on the this website under “Where do I report for a Test?” Parking information will be posted on this site as well.
- Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. for afternoon exams. Students will then complete exam identification information, which takes approximately 30 minutes. So please make sure that you are in the room on time since every minute before the exam timing begins also counts! Morning exam administration will begin at 8:00am and afternoon exams at 12:15pm. Students who report after exam administration begins will not be admitted and will not have a make-up opportunity. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately 4 hours 30 minutes. Please notify your coaches of AP Test dates and times and plan accordingly. Students will not be allowed to leave the test early.
- Students must bring their school picture ID cards, two #2 pencils, pens, erasers, and calculators (if applicable – see AP Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries to the AP test room. Without picture ID a student WILL NOT be admitted. CELL PHONES, BACKPACKS, PURSES OR BAGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN TESTING CENTERS. We recommend those are left at home or in your vehicle.
- Students must adhere to the Test Site Regulations for the duration of the exam period. Consequences include removal from exam and cancellation of scores. See Test Site Regulations for specific details.
- College Board regulations hold that students may not take both the AP Calculus AB and BC exams in the same calendar year. Students wanting to take both of the AP Physics C exams will be charged for two exams.
For more information such as a schedule of exams offered, and directions, contact email@example.com