1. I am currently taking an AP class at HTHS so I do not need to pay…how do I register?
You must first order all the exams you are taking this year, including the ones you will take because you are in the AP class, from this website. You will receive a promo code for each AP class you are in at HTHS to put in at check out making the exam(s) free to you. If you are not in the AP class but use a free code, you will still be charged for the exam you are taking. To register click on Order AP Exams.
2. What am I allowed and not allowed in the testing room?
Students may not bring into the exam room any type of backpack or bag, including purses. No cell phones, smartwatches or electronic communication devices are allowed. No iPods or MP3 players are allowed. No highlighters are allowed. Students may not bring bottled water/drinks or food to the exam room. Students MUST bring pencils, pens in blue or black ink, and a calculator (only if applicable).
3. How do I figure out where my exam will be administered?
Information on testing room numbers will be handed out by Mrs. Bufis after registration closes.
4. When do I need to report to the testing room?
For morning exams, students need to report to the testing room at 7:45am. For afternoon exams students need to report to the testing room at 11:45am. We encourage students to be on time since there is identification information that must be completed before the exam can begin which adds additional time to the overall testing time. For security reasons, students will not be admitted to the room once the exam materials have been opened. Remember, no refunds will be given for unused tests.
5. Do I need to let my teachers know I will miss their class during the exam?
Your teachers will be made aware that you are sitting for an AP exam, but it is always a good idea to remind them. You are, however, responsible for all school work missed during your absence for AP exams.
6. What if I have more than one exam scheduled for the same day and same time? What if I have two exams scheduled on the same day?
College Board makes provisions for students who would like to register to take two exams that are scheduled at the EXACT same time and date. Please see Mrs. Bufis if this affects you or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. However, the College Board does not allow late testing if you are taking two exams back to back (i.e. one in the morning and one in the afternoon). Please plan accordingly.
7. What if I decide to not take an exam? Can I get a refund?
8. What if I finish the exam early? Can I leave early?
Per College Board’s security regulations for exams, students may not leave the exam until time is called and all examinees are excused together. If a student leaves without permission, their exam will be collected, their score will be cancelled (and no refund will be possible). You may also not bring anything to work on while the exam is being taken. Use your extra time to go over your answers and review your work.
9. What if I get sick and can’t make the exam?
Please call Mrs. Bufis that morning and see her upon your return. You will need to bring in a doctor’s note for a late exam to be ordered for you.
10. What if I am not prepared to take the AP exam on the test date? Can I take my AP exam on the late testing date?
No. The College Board sets strict policies as to why a late exam can be taken. Please see Mrs. Bufis if you feel you have a conflict.
11. I already took an AP exam for one of the AP classes that I am in now – do I need to take it again.
If you scored a 5 then you do not need to retake it. If you scored less than a 5, you will need to take it again.