Registration Deadline: March 4, 2019
Exam Fee: $96.50
1. The cost of each AP exam will be $96.50 (administrative costs included). Registration is completed online, but you can mail in a check or money order instead of paying with a credit card. Directions are posted under “Order Exams.” Registration is only for currently enrolled HTHS students. No exam orders will be accepted after March 4, 2019
2. If you are a student currently in AP Calculus AB or BC, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics C, AP Statistics or AP Computer Science A there is no charge for your exam. You must order your exam/s on this website, but you will receive a promo code for each AP class you are in at HTHS to enter in at the end of the online form, making that exam(s) free to you. If you are not in the class but use a free code, you will still be charged for the exam you are taking. (If you already took an exam for an AP class that you are sitting in now you are exempt from taking it again ONLY if you scored a 5. If you scored less then a 5 you must take it again.)
3. Students order AP Exams under the ‘Order Exams’ link on this website. If you are unable to submit your balance due using a credit card or debit card, you may select ‘Mail In Payment’ and information on mailing in a check will be available at check out and emailed to you. When paying by a credit card or debit card, you will be charged an additional 3% fee that comes from the online processor (HTHS does not get that money!). There is NO fee charged if paying by personal check. Postmark deadline for mail in payment is February 27, 2019.
4. College Board regulations hold that students may not take both the AP Calculus AB and BC exams in the same calendar year. Students wanting to take both of the AP Physics C exams will be charged for two exams.
5. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel or do not show up for the exam will NOT receive a refund. No exchange or re-selling of exams (i.e…you may not take an exam that your friend has ordered and has now chosen not to use). If you sign up for an exam and then decide not to take it, please let Mrs. Bufis know so we do not hold up the exam room looking for you.
6. Morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:45 a.m.
Afternoon exams will BEGIN promptly at 11:45 a.m.
Please make sure that you are in the room on time! Students who report after exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Please notify your coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students will not be allowed to leave the exam early.
7. Exam locations will vary depending on space availability and needs. Mrs. Bufis will publicize a room list by exam once registration is concluded.
8. Students must bring, two #2 pencils, pens, erasers, and calculators (if applicable – see AP Security Rules for approved types and tests which allow them) with fresh batteries to the AP test room. CELL PHONES, SMARTWATCHES, BACKPACKS, PURSES OR BAGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE EXAM ROOM. We recommend those be left in your locker. If a cell phone or smart watch is found on a student during the exam, the cell phone or smart watch will be confiscated and the AP exam will be voided.
9. Students must adhere to the testing regulations set forth in the Bulletin for AP Students and Parents. They were handed out to students interested in taking an AP exam, but can also be found by clicking HERE. Failure to adhere to all testing protocol may include consequences such as removal from exam and cancellation of scores.