Students and Families enrolled at Karns High School can register here for the 2018 Advanced Placement (AP) Administration.
Deadline: March 8, 2019 (Midnight CST)
Exam Fees: $94 per exam
1. The cost of each AP Exam is $94.00 each. Please read through the information below and then click on “Register for AP Exams” to submit your order. Registration Deadline is March 8, 2019 (midnight CST).
Late registration is possible between March 9 and March 13 but with a penalty of $10 late fee per exam. No exam orders will be able to be accepted after March 13, midnight CST.
Homeschooled students are welcome to test with the KHS Students. Please note that the cost for a homeschooled student will be $124 per exam to cover testing expenses. Please complete the registration form at the link above.
2. Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is March 4, 2019.
3. Fee reduction/assistance – Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please submit the AP Fee Waiver Application Form (Linked here) to Ms. Donnell in the counseling office. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the registration form to the appropriate amount.
4. Exam Locations: Exam Locations will be announced closer to the exam date,.
5. Refunds: If a student would like to cancel an AP Exam that they have ordered, they may request a cancellation in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight March 15, 2019. Students who submit a cancellation request by midnight March 15 will be eligible for a 50% refund. Include in the cancellation request your name, name of your school, and the title of the exam to cancel. No-shows are not eligible for a refund.
6. College and universities with AP Credit Policies can be found on the College Board’s website AP Credit Search site – It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the college they plan to attend will accept AP credit and submit scores to their university/college of choice.
Please keep in mind that many colleges will aware credit for AP Test scores of 3 or higher. Karns High School therefore recommends that you participate in taking the exam(s). Current school board policy states that you must take the exam in order to earn additional points on the final student grade point average. You will have the option of sending scores to colleges you may want to attend.
AP exam program information is available in the College Board “AP Bulletin for Students and Parents.” Students are encouraged to review it.
Any additional AP questions can be sent to the AP Coordinator, Lyndsey.Donnell@
Technical Assistance needed? Email email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348 (Mon-Friday 7am -6pm CST, Sat- Sun 9am-6pm CST)