Registration Deadline: February 12, 2018 (midnight PST)
Please read through the information below and then click on “Order AP Exams” to submit an order.
1. Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2018 ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) EXAMINATIONS OPENS ON JANUARY 12 and CLOSES ON FEBRUARY 12, 2018 (Midnight PST).
The cost of each AP exam is $94.
Late registration is possible from February 13 through February 28 (midnight PST) for an additional fee of $15 PER exam.
2. All exams must be pre-paid and pre-ordered via the online system, which accepts credit card or debit card. To submit an order using a check or money order, please complete the order form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Families choosing to pay online using a credit or debit card will be assessed a small online service fee. There is no service fee for submitting registration and payment with a check or money order via US mail. Postmark deadline to ensure timely processing of mail in payment submission is February 8.
3. Fee reductions are available to students who qualify based on College Board and Federal Free-Reduced Lunch Program guidelines. To verify whether or not you are eligible for fee reduction, please see Ms. Salehi in Counseling. If you are eligible, you will receive special instructions to register via the online system using a fee reduction code. This code will reduce your price appropriately. The deadline to obtain a fee reduction code is February 8 by 3 PM. You must then register for your AP exam(s) with APTS by the February 12 deadline.
4. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel by midnight on April 30, 2018 will be eligible for a partial refund. A non-refundable deposit of $16 to cover the cost of the unused exam will be retained for all exams cancelled. The cancellation notification must be submitted to email@example.com and include the student’s name, your school’s name, and the name of the exam the student wishes to cancel. To be eligible for the partial refund, students must submit written notification following the instructions above no later than midnight April 30. There is no exchanging or re-selling of exams.
5. Special Note regarding AP Computer Science Principles: Per College Board regulations, only students who have submitted by April 30 to College Board the required in-class assessment for this course may sit for the AP Computer Science Principles exam.
5. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:15 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:20 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP exam early.
6. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check back on the LJHS website in April.
7. Please bring the following to your AP exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
8. Please bring a snack and water/drink or lunch if you have 2 tests back to back on the same day. These items will be placed on a table or counter that you may access at break time only or after the test officially concludes.
9. Cell phones, Smartwatches, Pods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
10. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com