Please read through the information below and then click on “Order AP Exams” to submit an order.
Registration Deadline: March 20, 2018
1. Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2018 ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) EXAMINATIONS RUNS FROM JANUARY 31 UNTIL MARCH 20, 2018 (midnight PST).
Cost is $94 per exam.
Late registration is possible from April 7 until April 13 (midnight PST) for an additional fee of $55 PER exam.
2. All exams must be pre-paid and pre-ordered via the online system, which accepts credit card or debit cards. To submit an order using a check or money order, please complete the order form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Families choosing to pay online using a credit or debit card will be assessed a service fee. There is no service fee for submitting registration and payment with a check or money order via US mail. Postmark deadline to ensure timely processing is March 15.
3. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel by April 21 will be eligible for a partial refund. A cancellation request must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org include the student’s name, the PLHS name, and the title of the exam the students wishes to cancel. A non-refundable deposit of $15 will be retained for exams that were ordered during regular registration, and a $20 non-refundable deposit will be retained for exams ordered during late registration. To be eligible for the partial refund, students must submit written notification no later than midnight on April 21. The cancellation notification must be submitted to email@example.com and include the student’s name, the PLHS name, and the title of the exam the students wishes to cancel. There is no exchanging or re-selling of exams.
4. Fee reductions are available to students who are currently on the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program list. For students in the Federal Free and Reduced lunch program, the fee is $5 per AP test. In order to register and pay for AP tests using a fee waiver, please see the counseling secretary or AP Coordinator Ms. Denney to obtain your Fee Reduction Code. You MUST have a photo ID to obtain a fee waiver. Once you receive your fee waiver code, you will be able to register on the APTS website for the reduced amount. The deadline to obtain a fee waiver is March 14 by 3 PM. You must then register for your AP exam(s) with APTS by the March 20 deadline. No refunds are possible for fee reduction priced exams. If a student does not take the exam, a $10 (per exam) administration fee will be charged to the students’ PLHS account.
5. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:15 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam before 12 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP exam early.
6. All students must attend a MANDATORY Pre-Administration session towards the end of April. At this session, physical exam materials will be prepared for exam day and students will receive crucial information for test day. Sessions are by grade level. Students will be able to select their date and time on the registration form based on space availability and grade level.
7. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check back on the PLHS website in April.
8. Please bring the following to your AP exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
9. Please bring a snack and water/drink or lunch if you have 2 tests back to back on the same day. These items will be placed on a table or counter that you may access at break time only or after the test officially concludes.
10. Cell phones, smartwatches, iPads, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
11. Backpacks will be placed outside of the exam room, and you will NOT have access to your backpack at any time during testing including at break times.
12. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or see Ms. Denney immediately!
Special Note: Per College Board regulations, students may not sit for more than one AP Calculus exam per calendar year. Select carefully.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com