Families and students enrolled in Portland Public High Schools (Portland, OR), can register here for the 2018 Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Administration.
If you are not a student at a PPS high school, but would like to take an AP exam, please contact Anna Lortz at the PPS District AP office: 503-916-3517
*** PPS AP EXAM REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED. IF YOU MISSED THE DEADLINE AND WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO A WAITING LIST IN CASE OF SPACES OPENING, PLEASE CLICK ⇒ HERE TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITING LIST (Final day to be added to the waiting list: March 21)***
Please review all information carefully and then click on “Order AP Exams” below to submit an order.
Registration Deadline: March 12, 2018
1. Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2018 ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) EXAMINATIONS RUNS FROM JANUARY 8 UNTIL MARCH 12, 2018 (midnight PST).
Cost is $68 per exam.
2. All exams must be ordered via the online system regardless of preferred payment method. It is possible to submit payment online with credit or debit cards. To submit an order using cash, a check or money order, please complete the order form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. The postmark deadline to ensure timely processing is March 7. If you choose to pay with cash, you must FIRST complete the online order form and then submit payment along with a copy of your order summary to your high school’s bookkeeper by March 7. Until cash, check or money order payment is verified, your registration is not complete and will be considered “incomplete”. All exams must be pre-paid and pre-ordered.
3. There are registration limits for each exam. Although there are enough spots for all AP class participants, AP class participation does not guarantee you a testing spot. Therefore, it is recommended that you complete registration as early as possible.
4. NO refunds are possible once exam registration is complete and payment is received.
5. Fee reductions are available to students who qualify. For students who qualify, the fee is $0 per AP test. In order to register and pay for AP tests using a fee waiver, please see your school’s Advanced Placement Coordinator to obtain your Fee Reduction Code. You MUST have a photo ID to obtain a fee waiver. The deadline to obtain a fee waiver is March 9 by 3 PM. Once you receive your fee waiver code, you will be able to register on the APTS website for the reduced amount. You must register for your AP exam(s) with APTS by the March 16 deadline. Fee reduction code usage will be verified by PPS. Unapproved code usage will result in cancellation of the exam order until full payment is received.
6. Check-in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam by 7:15 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:30 AM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check-in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Morning exams should conclude at approximately 11:45 am, afternoon exams should conclude at approximately 4 pm. Students are not allowed to leave any AP exam early. If you play a sport or have a job, it is your responsibility to inform your coach or employer of your AP exam obligation.
7. ALL STUDENTS REGISTERED FOR AP EXAMS MUST ATTEND A MANDATORY PRE-ADMINISTRATION SESSION in April at their high school. This process saves time and stress on exam days. Check in with your school’s AP Coordinator to confirm the day and time of this session.
8. Please bring the following to your AP exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable, see AP Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
9. Please bring a snack and water/drink in a separate Ziploc bag. Both of these items will be placed under your chair and may be accessed at break time only or after the test officially concludes. Be sure to bring a lunch if you have 2 tests back to back on the same day.
10. Cell phones, smartwatches, iPads, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room. If you bring any of these items to the AP test site, you will be asked to turn in them in to AP staff and they will be returned at the end of your testing.
11. Backpacks/purses: You will NOT have access to these at any time during testing, including at break times.
12. Students who would like to register for two exams offered at the exact same date and time should complete the registration form fully and submit payment. The student will be contacted by AP Test Service to alert them which of the to AP Exams they have been assigned to for an alternate date and what that date/time details are. Assignments will be made based on numbers and space/proctor availability.
Special Note: Per College Board regulations, students may not sit for more than one AP Calculus exam per calendar year. Select carefully.
Ready to Order Exams? Click here
- AP Exam Calendar
- AP Exam FAQs
- AP Exam Test Site Information and Security Regulations
- Order AP Exams
- Assistance in Chinese
- Assistance in Russian
- Assistance in Spanish (En Español)
- Assistance in Somali
- Assistance in Vietnamese
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com