Information for Portland Public High School students and parents
2018 AP Exam Administration
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR AP EXAMS
EXAM DATES: May 7-11 and 14-18
- Morning exam: ARRIVE at 7:15 AM; Check-in begins at 7:30 AM
- Afternoon exam: ARRIVE at 11:15 AM; Check in begins at 11:30 AM
Exams should conclude at approximately 11:45 (morning session) and 4:00 (afternoon session). Students are not allowed to leave any AP exam early.
LOCATION: All AP Exams will take place at the Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Portland OR 97232, except for AP Chinese and AP Japanese exams which will take place at Benson High School, 546 NE 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97232.
PARKING: WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND that students:
~ Be dropped off
~ Use TriMet public transit: MAX, Bus, Streetcar (https://trimet.org/)
IF DRIVING & PARKING, in the Oregon Convention Center garage, students will receive a voucher for free parking at the end of their exam.
DO NOT BRING: Cell phones, Smartwatches, iPods, MP3 players, any electronic devices, or scratch paper to your AP exam(s).
CELL PHONES: College Board prohibits bringing cell phones or any of the above electronic devices into the testing room, having them on your person, or using them during the break. These devices will be turned in to AP staff prior to entering the exam area, and will be returned at the end of the exam. If a student uses any of these electronic items in the testing room or during the break, they will be confiscated and the student may be dismissed from testing. If a phone rings, vibrates, etc. during the test, it may invalidate EVERYONE’S test in the testing room. Don’t risk it!
LUNCH/SNACKS: For afternoon exams, students are expected to eat lunch prior to checking in at 11:30 AM. You may want to bring lunch if you have 2 exams in one day. If taking only one exam, please bring a snack and water/drink. Both of these items should be in a Ziploc bag (separate from your backpack/purse) and will be placed under your chair. You will not have access to any food or drink during the exam except during the break time or after the exam officially ends.
BACKPACKS/PURSES: You will NOT have access to these items at any time during testing, including at break times.
ABSENCES: You are expected to be at all AP exams for which you have completed registration. If you miss the exam for College Board approved reasons, you may be able to take a late exam at no additional cost. If the reason for your absence is not on the College Board list of approved reasons, you may be allowed to take a late exam, but you will be assessed a $45 late test fee. You must speak with your high school AP Coordinator to arrange to take a LATE exam. All absences from AP exams will be reported to your high school.
BEHAVIOR: Students are expected to exhibit exemplary behavior during the exams. Failure to follow all school and AP rules during the exam and during the break may result in dismissal from the testing site and invalidation of your exam.
WHAT TO BRING TO EXAM:
- Your photo ID (This can be a government or school-issued photo ID)
- At least 2 sharpened #2 pencils with erasers
- At least 2 black or dark-blue ball point pens for free response
- A graphing calculator for Biology, Calculus AB/BC, Chemistry, Physics, and Statistics examinations using the calculator guidelines at http://www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators. Students may bring 2 calculators, but are not allowed to share calculators during the exam. Make sure your calculator has fresh batteries.
- Ruler or straightedge (for the Physics exams only)
- Snack/water in a Ziploc bag separate from purse/backpack
Don’t forget to bring a photo ID!
- AP Exam Calendar
- AP Exam General Information and Policies
- AP Exam FAQs
- Order AP Exams
- Assistance in Chinese
- Assistance in Spanish (En Español)
- Assistance in Somali
- Assistance in Vietnamese