Please review the information below carefully.
1. Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance using the online registration system. REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2018 ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) EXAMINATIONS RUNS JANUARY 10, 2018 UNTIL MARCH 2, 2018 AND IS $90.00 PER EXAM AFTER THE DEPOSIT OF $10 ALREADY PAID IN THE FALL. If needed, late registration will be available from Monday, March 5, through Friday, March 9. A late registration fee of $60.00 will be added to the price of each exam.
2. All exams must be pre-ordered and pre-paid via the online system, which accepts credit card payments as well as debit cards. To submit an order using check or money order, please complete the online registration form and follow the directions to mail both a print out of your registration form and payment to the address listed on the confirmation email. To ensure timely processing, your mail-in payment must be postmarked by February 26.
3. Pre-administration of exam materials will occur on Tuesday, April 24 and Wednesday, April 25 during the school day.
4. Fee reductions sponsored by the College Board and are available to families who qualify. All students currently enrolled in free or reduced lunch will qualify for a significant fee reduction on AP exams. Fee waiver codes can be picked up from Mrs. Cain after Wednesday, February 14. If you are currently enrolled in free or reduced lunch, please see Mrs. Cain for a discount code BEFORE you register online for exam(s). Without this code, the online registration system will require you to pay full price for your exam(s). You must register before the closing of regular registration (Friday, March 2, 2018.)
Students that are eligible for a fee waiver (eligibility criteria: currently enrolled in free or reduced lunch) cannot register for tests until the State of Texas releases all fee waiver pricing. Please see Mrs. Cain for a fee waivers code and time line of when such fee waivers will be available.
All students that registered using the fee reduction code will be verified by APTS and Mrs. Cain. If an unauthorized student registers with a discount code, that student will not have their AP exam(s) ordered until they pay the full price. If the full price is not paid within the regular registration time period, the $60.00 late fee will be applicable. Nonpayment of the full test price before the close of registration will result in exam(s) not being ordered and any partially paid fees will not be refunded. Only register with a fee waiver code if you have been authorized by Mrs. Cain.
5. Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be released closer to the exam administrations in May.
Registration Error / Change
If a student inadvertently registers for the wrong test, they must contact APTS no later than Thursday, March 29, 2018. If a student registers for a wrong test, the fee may be applied to the correct exam. There will however, be an additional $16.00 to cover the cost of returning the wrong AP exam.
There will be no refunds issued for AP testing after Thursday, March 29, 2018. Refunds will be a partial refund to cover the cost of the unused exam. If paying regular price, the refund will be $77. To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name (student’s name), student ID number, school of enrollment, and the name of the exam that you want to cancel. Students choosing not to take their exam(s) and without notification in writing to APTS on or before March 29 will not receive a refund of fees and will be considered a no-show.
Students that miss their AP test may qualify to take an alternate late exam. Alternate late exams will be given on May 23-25, 2018 as per College Board policy. For more information regarding alternate late testing, please see the “Alternate Exams for Late Testing – Policies and Procedures document (CLICK HERE). Alternate late testing is allowed under the following circumstances:
|No Additional Fee Incurred for Late Testing||Additional $45.00 Incurred for Late Testing|
|Conflict with state mandated test||Academic contest / event|
|Emergency: bomb scare or fire alarm||Athletic contest / event|
|Emergency: serious injury, illness or family tragedy||Family commitment|
|Religious holiday / observance||Other school event|
|Three or more AP exams on the same date|
|Two AP exams on the same date and time|
For questions or assistance, please email email@example.com