Join Deadline: November 8, 2018.
Please review all information carefully.
Palm Springs HS AP Exam Registration Overview
STEP 1: Students must JOIN their AP Class accounts on https://myap.collegeboard.org (regardless of whether or not they will be taking the AP Exam! This site will provide students with class AND exam preparation resources.) To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile.
STEP 2: To commit to take an AP exam in the May 2019 AP Exam administration indicate your AP exam decision on the College Board website https://myap.collegeboard.org or or before November 8.
AP Exam Registration Policies and Details:
1. All students must indicate their AP Exam ‘decision’ on the College Board AP Classroom at http://myap.collegeboard.org on or before November 8, 2018. Students log into the College Board AP Classroom with the College Board Profile – the same profile/account used to retrieve AP scores from past years, PSAT scores in past years, or to register/retrieve SAT scores from past years. Students who have not taken any of these exams will create a NEW account. If students are not certain if they have an account, do NOT create a possible second account. See the FAQs for assistance. (Students should use an email address to which they will have access beyond high school.)
2. Payment for the Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations must be submitted by February 21, 2019. The cost of each AP exam is $95. UPDATE: ALL AP Exam Fees for PSHS are being covered by a special grant. Students submit $0 fees UNLESS they cancel or no show for an exam. See below.
Since all fees are covered for May 2019 testing, an exam will be ordered for anyone who JOINS the AP group on MyAP (http://myap.collegeboard.org) unless they notify Ms. Kretz or email@example.com before November 9.
Exams ordered on the College Board AP Classroom between November 9, 2018 and February 21, 2019 will incur an automatic $40 late registration penalty.
3. Exam administration is available only for students currently enrolled at Palm Springs High School.
4. Fee Reduction students should still (despite this grant) submit a FR Application to Ms. Kretz by November 8, 2018 to qualify for a fee reduction cancellation policy. If a Fee Reduction Eligible student chooses to cancel between November 9, 2018 and February 21,2019, they will be held liable for the $40 cancellation fee and therefore will owe $40 per cancelled exam. If a Fee Reduction Eligible student no shows for an AP exam they will only have to pay $53 unused exam fee instead of the full price of $85.
5. Students who choose to cancel their exam between November 9 and February 21, 2019 will be liable for a $40 cancellation fee. No cancellations arepossible after February 21, 2019. To cancel an exam, email firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight PST February 21, 2019 and include the name of your school, the student name, the title of the exam to cancel. Students who qualified for the reduced fee should review the policy under Item # 4 above regarding fees.
Any student who no shows for an AP Exam will be held liable for the unused exam fees – this fee is $53 per exam for fee reduction students, and $85 per exam for all other students.
6. Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be posted in the PSHS Front Office closer to the exams.
7. All students should be checked in for morning exams by 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will be completed by 11:30 a.m. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO LEAVE AN EXAM ROOM EARLY.
Please contact Ms. Elizabeth Kretz at PSHS (email@example.com ) with questions or concerns.
For assistance with online registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.