West Milford Township HS is excited to announce participation in the PILOT for the new College Board AP Classroom system! Please note the following important changes:
- Step 1: Students must JOIN their AP Class accounts on https://myap.collegeboard.org (regardless of whether or not they will be taking the AP Exam! This site will provide students with class AND exam preparation resources.) To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile.
- Step 2: To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP exam in the May 2019 AP Exam administration, a $40 per exam non-refundable deposit is due by October 15, 2018. Click below to submit the deposit.
- Step 3: Starting on November 15, students who had submitted their AP Exam deposit by the deadline, will receive an electronic invoice from AP Test Service for the exam fee balance due. The balance due can be submitted online with a debit/credit card, with Apple Pay, or by check/money order mailed in. All balances must be paid in full by February 15 or the AP exam order will be automatically cancelled.
1. The cost per test is $95.50. Students must submit a $40 non-refundable deposit towards this fee to indicate their exam decision no later than October 15. NO late submissions are possible.
There is no fee for AP Capstone exams.
2. To submit the exam deposit, click on Submit AP Exam Deposit
3. Deposit submission may be done via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your email summary. If you are paying by check or money order please know that your deposit will not be considered complete until the payment is received; the postmark deadline for mail in payments is October 11.
4. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, see your counselor. Approval may take several days so it is critical to apply early. Students eligible for Free & Reduced Lunch receive a discount from College Board. In past years, the State of NJ has subsidized an additional fee reduction for these students. If that is the case again this year, those students will automatically receive a refund equal to the amount of the state subsidy. If these additional funds become available, refunds will be issued in April or May.
5. Balance Due: AP Exams will only be ordered for students who have submitted a deposit by October 15. These students will receive an email on November 15 which will contain an electronic invoice for the balance due. The balance due must be paid in full by February 15, 2019. The balance due can be submitted via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment will be provided. If you are paying by check or money order please know that your deposit will not be considered complete until the payment is received; the postmark deadline for mail in payments is February 11, 2019. Penalty fees will apply for students who add a late submission for ordering. All balances must be paid in full by February 15 or the AP exam order will be automatically cancelled.
6. Special accommodations for students with 504s or IEPs must be applied for and approved by College Board. Check with your case manager or counselor to review your status. Application for accommodations takes approximately 7 weeks – your request for accommodations must be submitted by your case manager to College Board no later than Feb. 15, 2019. If you do not have approval from College Board, you will not be provided accommodations.
7. Per College Board regulations, students MAY NOT take both the AP Calculus AB and the AP Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year.
8. Students wishing to take the AP Physics C exams will be charged for each separate exam.
9. Cancellation – students who submit a deposit for an AP exam but decide before October 15, 2018 to cancel that exam will receive a refund. After October 15, the deposit will become a non-refundable portion of your exam fees. Students who want to cancel between October 16, 2018 and February 15, 2019 will receive a partial refund (minus the non-refundable deposit). After February 15, students will not be eligible for any refund for cancellations or no-showing to the exam. There will no exchanging or reselling of exams.
To cancel your exam – submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org This email should include your name, student ID number, school you attend, and the name of the exam you wish to cancel.
Failure to submit a cancellation request and failure to submit a balance of fees due by February 15, 2018 will result in automatic cancellation with no possibility of refund.
10. Failure to cancel an exam by February 15, 2019 and failure to show up at an exam (no show) revokes your eligibility for any refund.Submit AP Exam Deposit