Students and families enrolled at the Wheatley School can register here for the 2017 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams. The AP Exam registration information and policies are posted below. Please read through this information carefully before placing your order.
Registration Deadline: January 27, 2017, midnight EST.
1. All registration for AP exams will be done online through APTS. There is no paper registration.
2. The cost per exam is $95.00. Course registration for the AP Seminar Capstone course is $141 per exam. Registration opens December 1, 2016 and runs through January 27, 2017, midnight EST. If you do not register for the exam BEFORE the deadline, you will lose any AP designation on your transcript.
3. Students enrolled in AP courses at the Wheatley School are required to sit for, pay for and take the exam that accompanies the course.
4. Students not enrolled in an AP course at Wheatley School may be permitted to take the AP exam. Please see Mr. Wasserman for a passcode to be able to register.
5. Per College Board regulations, students MAY NOT take both the AP Calculus AB and the AP Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year.
6. Students enrolled in AP Physics C, if you would like to take both the Mechanics AND Electricity & Magnetism exams, you must register for them as separate exams. Please see Mr. Wasserman for the passcode to be able to add the E&M exam to your registration.
7. Payment for exams may be done via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the APTS online registration form as well as the follow up email sent to the parent email address provided on the form.
8. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, see Mr. Wasserman. Approval may take several days so it is critical to apply early.
Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board.
9. All students will be required to attend a mandatory pre-administration session scheduled for early April. Please see schedule below. Additional details of the pre-administration sessions will be released on the Wheatley School website in March.
- Grade 10 Pre-Administration Session: April 3, 2017 at 2:30 PM
- Grade 11 Pre-Administration Session: April 4, 2017 at 2:30 PM
- Grade 12 Pre-Administration Session: April 5, 2017 at 2:30 PM
- Makeup session: April 6, 2016 at 7:15 AM
10. Special accommodations for students with 504s or IEPs must be applied for and approved by College Board. For many students who have a 504 or IEP, accommodations have already been applied for and approved in the 10th grade. Check with your Resource Room Teacher/504 Coordinator to review your status. Application for accommodations takes approximately 7 weeks—your request for accommodations must be submitted by your Resource Room Teacher/504 Coordinator to College Board no later than February 19, 2017. If you do not have approval from College Board, you will not be provided accommodations.
11. Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:45 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will be promptly at 11:45 a.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP Exam early.
12. Please read the College Board AP Bulletin for Parents and Students
Questions or need assistance? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org